Advanced Disposables is committed to being environmentally aware, actively supporting programs that reduce our company’s environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance as an integral part of our business strategy and operating procedures.
We seek to understand the effects our business activities have on the environment by supporting initiatives such as:
- The reduction of material, water and energy consumption.
- Reusing to reduce waste - we reuse cardboard boxes and other packaging materials wherever possible to pack and send out our parcels. Our mailing bags are made from 100% recycled material and are 100% recyclable.
- Using U.K. manufactured products to reduce the carbon footprint of our inventory.
- Constantly adding the newest, most environmentally friendly products.
- Using suppliers who employ modern, energy efficient manufacturing techniques.
- Recycling resources - we will reuse packaging from suppliers to send out our parcels. Any packaging that is not reusable will be collected by our local Zero To Landfill solution for recycling.
- Our couriers’ vehicles use eco-start facilities to reduce their carbon emissions. They are also constantly reviewing the use of hybrid and electric vehicles. We will encourage our customers, suppliers and other stakeholders to do the same.
- Recognising that we have a responsibility to the environment to meet or exceed legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Ensuring that this policy and all procedures relating to it are understood, implemented and maintained by all company employees.